What is healthy?

What exactly is being healthy.  According to Merriam-Webster's dictionary, healthy is the absence of disease or pain.  But is it really? Let's look at the second definition of healthy according to Webster's.   It is described as     showing physical, mental, or emotional well-being. Both definitions can describe being healthy but in my belief, healthy to me is a state of mind.  There are plenty people with HIV/AIDS that are living perfect lives.  Sounds clichΓ©, I know but its factual.  In fact, many people are living each day with some form of disease that has not been yet diagnosed such as Multiple Sclerosis.  This illness may take years to be diagnosed. Nevertheless, those that are not aware of their affliction would say yes if asked are they healthy.  Those that are afflicted and know of their illness may reply yes also. It would also be accurate.  As long as they can run and jump with the rest of us, who am I to say they are not healthy. SN: Docs often say I'm healthy but I'm a self-proclaimed hypochondriac.  Ok so, the mental may not always be intact πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but generally I consider myself to be in good shape.  Someone that doesn't know may see and believe I am unhealthy due to my weight.  Bet, they've never run a marathon. πŸ˜€ Healthy to me is subjective. What do you think? Chime in and let me know.

Comments

  1. I also believe healthy is a state of mind no matter what outward physical shape you possess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and commenting. Yes, when I first started running, there were many stares. However, many were nice. They gave lots of support and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So, you think you are raising a respectful child? Think again!

Bird Flu found in Tyson Chicken Supplier!

ITS RACE WEEK!!! Dont be the POOPY RUNNER! πŸ‘‡