Anyone else gain weight hoping it would protect against rape?

     When I was in my twenties, hanging out with friends, I would dress provocatively.  I admit, I had big breasts and was not afraid to show cleavage.  Then one day, mom shouts "you dress to provocative, YOU'RE going to get raped? At this time I had a nice body.  Some would call it a figure eight, big breast, small waist and somewhat of a butt.😜  I could see the fear and worry in her eyes.  Her fear almost became my reality.  I was walking one day.  A Latino man came running beside me and said, "Don't come this way anymore, they are planning to rape you."  From that day on, I decided to cover up.  Then I made the conscience decision to gain weight! I thought if I gained weight, I would be unattractive and no one would rape me.
     It want until years later and after research, I discovered rape wasn't about attractiveness but moreso POWER.  It's about the attacker taking control over its victim.  I was just wondering if anyone ever had the same fear. 
     Working out can actually help you. You can actually gain endurance and strength to run or fight your attacker.
Gaining weight to appear less attractive is synonymous with dumbing yourself down to date someone.  Don't hide your beauty or intelligence.  Shine!


 Comment below and Please follow

Comments

  1. Yes I think that a lot of women feel that same way, but it's about power and how much power they take away from you also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. You are definitely correct about how much they take away from the victim.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So, you think you are raising a respectful child? Think again!

Bird Flu found in Tyson Chicken Supplier!

ITS RACE WEEK!!! Dont be the POOPY RUNNER! πŸ‘‡