Hernia Surgery! ! You don't. Want it

                 Oooooooouch!!!

    Omg!! I thought I could handle pain until September 6, 2017.  Yeeees Honey!
Surgery Day.  I was thinking the anesthesia would hold out at least until I got home. NOPE!  That did not happen.  I was aching from the time they woke me up until two weeks post surgery.  Doc prescr NARCO for pain.  Maaaaaan, I'm still giving my fog the side eye. 
                    Pre Surgery
     I arrived early only to sit and wait.  Thought there would be some labs drawn but UUUUM NOPE! That didn't happen.  Nurse sticks IV in my arm, an alleged anesthesiologist came to talk to me and then a few nurse. Prior to being zonked, they were all acting as if we were going to a club. "You gone feel real good girl. You ate getting Dilaudid".  I was like, "Nooooo, I give that to patients and they go 🍌"  You think they listened, well let me tell you, NOPE! As soon as that Dilaudid was put in my IV I was sick as a DAWG!!  It felt as if my chest was caving in and I couldn't breathe.  The nurse just said, "you just feel anxious because you haven't had surgery".  I said, "No, you gave me something"  At first she denied it and then said ok it was Dilaudid. She quickly put the mask over my face and next thing you know I woke up.
               Post Surgery
     Here comes one of those nurses, ready to give me some more Dilaudid. I told her no again. I wanted something else but not that.  She then asked the Doc could she give me Morphine. Doc said yes.  She gave me the Morphine and said, "I just gave you 2mg of Morphine". Needless to say, I am glad to be alive.  TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!
     Pain.  Let's talk about the pain!! EXCRUCIATING! ! I like to consider myself as very tolerant of pain.   Most of you know as the middle child, you gonna take a few @$$woopings from the siblings.   But, yes pain was inconsolably, undeniably terrible!  It was as if all my enemies stood in line and repeatedly stabbed me in the stomach.  No exaggeration.  I had a hernia repair without mesh.  Doc thinks I still have some youth left and I would heal perfectly fine without the mesh.  Good! For those that don't know, a hernia is when the intestine seep through an opening in the abdominal wall.  NARCO, my pain medicine, is Tylenol and Hydrocodone mixed together.  I will not lie. I had to double up. I would sleep like a baby too.

Let me know if you had a hernia surgery and what was your experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, you think you are raising a respectful child? Think again!

Bird Flu found in Tyson Chicken Supplier!

ITS RACE WEEK!!! Dont be the POOPY RUNNER! 👇